Free Laptop Scheme 2022
Karnataka Government has rolled out a free laptop scheme for graduate students. Under this scheme free laptop is provided to deserving students every year studying in first year degree. Here is the detailed information.
The Government of Karnataka is implementing new schemes to maintain the quality of education and encourage poor students for higher education. Free laptop scheme is one of them. Students in government and aided first class colleges are given free laptops. Who can get the facilities of this free laptop scheme in Karnataka, how to apply, what are the documents required to submit the application are mentioned below.
Free laptop facility of Government of Karnataka will be provided to undergraduate students, students can get the application from the official website of Department of College Education dce.karnataka.gov.in.
Who can apply for free laptop?
Second PUC pass in Government Pre-Graduate Colleges or 12th pass from CBSE Board, students pursuing first year undergraduate course in any Government and Aided First Class Colleges of the State can apply for this facility.
Students of all government and aided first class colleges of Karnataka state will get free laptop facility. Below is the link to check the list of colleges.
- The student should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- Students of any category can apply.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Backward Classes will be given preference.
- Must have been admitted to first year undergraduate course in first class colleges.
Documents required to apply for free laptop facility
- Residential certificate about living in a particular place in the state.
- Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar linked bank account xerox copy.
- Caste certificate.
- Income certificate.
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Eligibility Certificate (PUC Marksheet xerox).
- Record of admission to degree.
How to Apply for Free Laptop for Karnataka Graduate Students?
- Graduate students visit website of Department of College Education https:/dce.karnataka.gov.in.
- Open the link related to Free Laptop Scheme.
- Or open https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PosJS3NEY3LhsOc-hgFxTD_IrjFt4oOY/view link for application.
- Open that PDF file and take a print.
- Fill the application form, attach xerox copies of necessary documents.
- The application should be delivered directly to the College Education Department or the College Administration Department.
Which course students can apply for free laptop?
- Medical courses
- Those pursuing BE degree.
- First Year Any Degree Pursuing in First Class Colleges.
- Post Graduate students who have not availed free laptop facility earlier can apply. Consult the administration department of your educational institution about this and then apply.